What is Toll Fraud:
Toll fraud is when people break in to your PBX, using Direct Inward System Access (DISA), remote access and maintenance ports, or modems and place calls as though they originated from your system. They also break into your voicemail system and take over mailboxes, and/or steal long distance by obtaining an outside line, or by programming mailboxes to accept third party billed calls. In other instances, they use your toll free numbers to make calls that you didn’t intend to or want to pay for. Also, they bill international calls to your telephone number by employing a third number billing scam.
Triggers of Toll Fraud:
- Heavy call volume on nights, weekends and holidays
- Unusual amount of short duration calls
- Long distance calls exceeding more than $500, $1500, etc.
- Use of 911, 411, 555-1212 calls and 900 calls
- Calls exceeding a specific length (longest calls)
- Trunk to trunk calls
- Increase in toll free traffic
- Toll calls originating from voicemail lines
The best and sure-fire way to make sure you do not become a victim of Toll Fraud is to contact Hansen Software and ask how their CASH+ Call Management solution can help catch Toll Fraud within your organization today!
Contact Hansen Software at 1.877.795.2274 to obtain more information.